воскресенье, 1 сентября 2013 г.

Influences

Influences

Rappers Jay-Z and Foxy Brown have been major musical influences for Minaj.
Minaj has stated that artists who have influenced her musical style include Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, Lil Wayne, Smokey Robinson, Lauryn Hill, Jadakiss, Natasha Bedingfield, Remy Ma, Lil 'Kim and Missy Elliott. She was also inspired by Janet Jackson, Madonna, Britney Spears, Marilyn Monroe, Grace Jones, MIA, and Cyndi Lauper.Minaj cites Foxy Brown and Jay-Z as major influences, saying, "I really loved [Foxy] as a female rapper . I was really interested in her mind and her aura, I was really, really into Jay-Z. Me and my friends in high school, we were reciting all of the Jay lyrics. His words were our words in our conversations all the time . I never really told Foxy how much she has influenced me and how much she changed my life, and you've gotta tell people that when they're alive to even be able to take the compliment, instead of paying tribute to them when they 're no longer here. " She has said that Foxy Brown was "the most influential female rapper" and that her album Broken Silence changed her life.
Jada Pinkett Smith is one of Minaj's role models in her acting career. Minaj was inspired by R & B singer Monica, and used to sing her song "Why I Love You So Much" at every talent show she was in. Minaj referred to Monica as one of her biggest musical influences of all time whilst performing in Atlanta on her Pink Friday Tour.Kanye West, Trina, and Drake have been named as influences to Minaj.Betsey Johnson is another one of Minaj's fashion inspirations, saying , "[Betsey] is a free spirit. When I met her the other day, I felt like I knew her for my whole life. She's so warm and considerate and caring. She's amazingly talented and I've been wearing her clothes forever, so to meet her was like, 'Yay!' [I was] bowing down to her; she's dope! " Speaking on Cyndi Lauper, Minaj has expressed her love for Lauper's style and how her videos inspired her image as a teenager saying "When I first went to get my hair colored, I was about 14 and I wanted blonde highlights. The beautician said, ' No, you have to get your mother on the phone, 'and I was just crying and begging. I've always been experimenting. Cyndi Lauper's videos - that's what intrigued .